Answer any five of the following questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION - I
- Distinguish between inductive and deductive logic in social research. Explain with illustrations.
- Discuss Functionalist approach in social analysis.
- Critically examine the positivist method in social science research.
- Discuss the significance of the historical method in social science research? What are the sources of data used in this type of research?
- Explain the importance of observation in social research with the help of suitable examples.
SECTION - II
- What is case-study method? Reflect on the use of case-study in Social science research. Give suitable examples.
- Examine the post modern perspective on interviewing.
- What is sampling? Discuss the various types of sampling with suitable examples.
- Describe the ethical issues in social research.
- Write short notes on the following :
- (a) Triangulation
- (b) Hypothesis