Answer any five of the following questions in about 500 words each. Select at least two questions from each section.
SECTION - I
- Discuss the social construction of reality as presented by Peter Berger.
- Discuss the contribution of E.E.Evans-Pritchard to the understanding of social structure.
- What is Charisma? How is it routinized?
- Compare and contrast Weber's and Schumpeter's analysis of entrepreneurship.
- Discuss Foucalt's views on power.
SECTION - II
- Discuss the concept of citizenship. How is it related to civil society?
- What is meant by identity? Outline Eriksons contribution to identity construction.
- Critically Examine marxian understanding of class.
- Discuss Derrida's idea of deconstruction.
- Outline Yogendra Singhs analysis of modernization in Asia.