* Note :- The answers that are not yet published, will be posted soon.
Answer any two of the following questions in about 500 words each.
- Explain the relationship between caste and class in India.
- How does Gerhard Lenski’s notion of class differ from that of Karl Marx ?
- Explain Pierre van den Berghe theory of social stratification.
- Discuss the interactional approach to the understanding of caste identity.
Answer any four of the following questions in about 250 words each.
- ‘For many years studies on stratification were gender blind.’ Critically discuss.
- Explain the functional perspective in understanding social conflict.
- What were the conditions that led to the rise of regional language movements as an expression of ethnicity ?
- Outline the important features of capitalist societies.
- Do you agree that Dumont’s theory of caste corresponds with the lived reality of caste in India ? Discuss.
- What are the major reasons for marginalization of Indian Tribes ? Discuss.
- Is socialist society classless ? Discuss.
- Explain the theory of ‘circulation of elites’.
- What makes religious ethnicity a basis of stratification in society ?
Answer any two of the following questions in about 100 words each.
- Outline the concept of gender role stereotyping.
- Bring out the factors that contribute to declining sex-ratio in India.
- What did Weber mean by ‘life chances’ ?
- Explain the concept of peasant society.