* Note :- The answers that are not yet published, will be posted soon.
Answer any two of the following questions in about 500 words each.
- Discuss the shifting perspectives on the study of religion.
- Analyse a religion of your choice in terms of its functions.
- Highlight the salient points of the study of rituals with suitable illustrations.
- Explain the concept of civil religion.
Answer any four of the following questions in about 250 words each.
- Write a brief note on any two of the following religious groupings in India — Math, Marg, Sampradaya, Sangh, Mat and Panth.
- Describe the main characteristics of sects, cults and denominations.
- Explain the meaning of religious pluralism in India.
- Discuss two contemporary personalised cults in Hinduism.
- Write a note on sects and their sub-divisions in the Christian Church.
- Describe the Sikh code of conduct.
- Write a short essay on the Arya Samaj movement in India.
Answer any two of the following questions in about 100 words each.
- State in brief the societal functions of rituals.
- Define pilgrimage and give its significant features.
- Explain with examples the concept of secularism in India.
- (a) What is common between a sign and a symbol ?
(b) What is Mana’ ?
(c) What is ‘Churinga’ ?